Last Updated – March 20, 2019
FDX Labs allows its users, via the FDX Labs website (http://Fdxlabs.com) (the “Website”) to find, view and submit information or take courses related to pregnancy, parenting and other childcare issues (collectively, the “FDX Labs Service”). The FDX Labs Service is owned and operated by FDX Labs, a Texas corporation (“FDX Labs”, “we” or “us”).
We are always ready to address your questions and concerns regarding this policy and our privacy practices. If you would like to contact Customer Service, please contact us via http://www.fdxlabs.com/en/contact-us/.
2. Types and Uses of Collected Information. FDX Labs collects two types of information about you:
a. Personally Identifiable Information. Personally Identifiable Information is information that identifies a specific person. When you engage in certain activities on this Website or through your participation in the FDX Labs Service, including but not limited to creating an account, sending feedback, taking a course, or otherwise participating in the FDX Labs Service (collectively, “Identification Activities”), we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself or your preferences. If you elect to engage in an Identification Activity, however, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information about yourself, such as your name, address (including zip code), email address, telephone number, and date of birth. When you enroll in the FDX Labs Service, we may also ask you to provide us with additional information, such as credit card information. Depending on the Identification Activity, some of the information we ask you to provide may be identified as mandatory and some identified as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory information for a particular Identification Activity that requires it, you will not be permitted to engage in that Identification Activity. Depending on the Identification Activity, FDX Labs may not re-ask you for Personally Identifiable Information if such are already stored with us under the FDX Labs Service.
If you choose to refer someone through the FDX Labs Service, we will ask you for your referral’s contact information, such as his or her name and email address. We may then send your friend an email inviting him or her to visit the Website and/or join the FDX Labs Service. FDX Labs stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this email and maintaining the FDX Labs Service. Your friend may contact us at http://www.fdxlabs.com/en/contact-us/ to request that we remove his or her contact information from our records.
We use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to troubleshoot, administer the Website and the FDX Labs Service, analyze trends, gather demographic information, comply with applicable law, and cooperate with law enforcement activities. We may also share this information with our authorized Third Party Service Providers and Advertisers to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, and programming.
2. Release of Personally Identifiable Information. We will not sell or share your Personally Identifiable Information with other parties except as provided below:
a. Authorized Third Party Service Providers. FDX Labs may provide services and products through third parties. These “Third Party Service Providers” perform functions on our or your behalf. You or We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with such Service Providers to fulfill orders, move data in or out of the FDX Labs Service, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, provide search results and links, operate the Website and the FDX Labs Service, troubleshoot, and provide customer service. We may also collect personal information from individuals and companies (“Affiliates”) with whom we have business relationships and may share your information with Third Party Service Providers to accomplish our administrative tasks. We encourage Affiliates and Third Party Service Providers to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your Personally Identifiable Information by such parties is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
3. Release of Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may disclose or share Non-Personally Identifiable Information with Affiliates and Third Party Service Providers, and Third Party Advertisers. For example, we may share aggregated demographic information (which does not include any Personally Identifiable Information) with “Third Party Advertisers” or “Third Party Advertising Companies.”
We may use Third Party Advertising Companies to serve ads when you visit our Website or participate in the FDX Labs Service. These companies may use Non-Personally Identifiable Information about your visits to this Website, your use of the FDX Labs Service, and visits to other websites or locations in order to provide, through the use of network tags, advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We also use Third Party Service Providers to track and analyze Non-Personally Identifiable usage and volume statistical information from our users to administer our Website and the FDX Labs Service, in order to constantly improve their quality. We may also publish this information for promotional purposes or as a representative audience for Third Party Advertisers. Such data is collected on our behalf, and is owned and used by FDX Labs.
4. Updating Information. If you are enrolled in the FDX Labs Service, you may change any of your Personally Identifiable Information by logging into your account and accessing the http://www.fdxlabs.com/en/ or by sending us an email at http://www.fdxlabs.com/en/contact-us/.
We encourage you to promptly update your Personally Identifiable Information if it changes, as out-of-date Personally Identifiable Information may negatively affect the quality of your FDX Labs Service use and experience.
5. Choices on Collection/Use of Information. You can always choose not to provide certain information, although a certain level of information is required to engage in activities on the Website and to participate in the FDX Labs Service.
You cannot opt-out of Administrative Emails. “Administrative Emails” relate to a your activity on the Website and the FDX Labs Service, and include but are not limited to emails regarding your account, requests or inquiries, enrollment in courses, certifications, and purchases of products and services. If you do not want to receive promotional emails from us, you may elect to opt-out of receiving promotional emails at any time after registering by e-mailing us at http://www.fdxlabs.com/en/contact-us/, or by hitting the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of any of our e-mails.
6. Security of Information. You can access your Personally Identifiable Information on our Website with your password and username. This password is encrypted. We advise against sharing your password with anyone. In addition, your Personally Identifiable Information resides on a secure server that only selected personnel and contractors have access to. We may encrypt certain sensitive information using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure that your Personally Identifiable Information is safe as it is transmitted to us.
However, no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect data and seek to partner with companies that do the same, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from the Website or via the FDX Labs Service, and are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information.
7. Data Tracking
b. Other Tracking Devices. We may use other industry standard technologies like pixel tags and web beacons to track your use of our Website pages and promotions, or we may allow our Third Party Service Providers to use these devices on our behalf. Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on certain pages on our Website, or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages or open or click an email, pixel tags and web beacons generate a Non-Personally Identifiable notice of that action. Pixel tags allow us to measure and improve our understanding of visitor traffic and behavior on our Website, as well as give us a way to measure our promotions and performance. We may also utilize pixel tags and web beacons provided by our Affiliates and/or marketing partners for the same purposes.
9. Privacy Settings. As a user, you may have limited access to privacy settings. These settings help hide information you wish to share with other users and/or the public. It is up to you to select the appropriate privacy settings. If you don’t agree with the available privacy settings, please stop using the Website and the FDX Labs Service.
10. Public Areas. We may provide areas on our Website or via the FDX Labs Service where you can publicly post information about yourself including your location, and communicate with others on discussion boards, chat rooms, or blogs. This information may be accessible by other users and companies and may appear on other websites or web searches, and therefore this information could be read, collected, and used by others. We have no control over who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post or submit, so please use caution when posting any content or providing anything that could be deemed personal information.
12. Notice of Privacy Rights to California Residents. California law requires that we provide you with a summary of your privacy rights under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and the California Business and Professions Code. As required by COPPA, we will provide you with the categories of Personally Identifiable Information that we collect through the Website and the categories of third party persons or entities with whom such Personally Identifiable Information may be shared for direct marketing purposes at your request. California law requires us to inform you, at your request, (1) the categories of Personally Identifiable Information we collect and what third parties we share that information with; (2) the names and addresses of those third parties; and (3) examples of the products marketed by those companies. COPPA further requires us to allow you to control who you do not want us to share that information with. To obtain this information, please send a request by email or physical mail to the address found below. When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what Personally Identifiable Information you do not want us to share with Affiliates or marketing partners. The request should be sent to the attention of our legal department, and labeled “California Customer Choice Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response. Also, please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your Personally Identifiable Information or requesting this notice.
13. Children. The Website and the FDX Labs Service are not directed to people under 13. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at http://www.fdxlabs.com/en/contact-us/. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.